Senior Software Engineer, .net
Cast & Crew
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier – think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
This position is remote but will work on Pacific Time.
The Software Engineer is a .NET Core expert who will help to design and build our next generation of products and services while working closely with other talented engineers. The ideal candidate will be versatile and highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork. A background in financial systems is a plus, as is development experience in an iterative, Agile/SCRUM environment.
- As part of an agile team, build and enhance financial business application software for the entertainment industry.
- Work closely with QA, business analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests.
- Follow best practices related to coding, testing and building software using .NET Core in a cloud base continuous integration environment.
- Implement large, complex enterprise software systems from the ground up.
- Recommend new technologies, tools and standards to improve efficiency and productivity within the team.
- Research, POC, test, and implement new technologies to support the application architecture.
- Review and audit design solution.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years hands-on .NET and .NET Core (C#, Asp.net core, Rest, Web API) development preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years using SQL and relational databases (SQL Server) preferred.
- Hands on cloud base development experience (Microsoft Azure, AWS).
- Solid experience using event and data streaming application such as Apache Kafka.
- Solid experience in troubleshooting and debugging is critical.
- Solid experience designing and building large, multi-tenant web based and/or client server applications.
- Solid experience designing and building RESTful APIs.
- Expert knowledge of OOD, design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with role and rule-based security and authentication tools and best-practices preferred (LDAP, single sign-on, etc.).
- Solid experience in Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and best practices.
- Solid experience in caching and search engine technologies such as Redis, Elastic Search is a plus.
- Financial systems experience (accounting, payroll, etc.) is a plus.
- BSCS or equivalent required, advanced degree a plus.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at:
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.