We’re looking for a passionate, driven and experienced engineer to help us deliver world-class applications across the Pocket product line.
About the team
At Pocket, we are focused on connecting people to the power, possibility & magic of the web. Our apps and platform are essential ways that over 100M people discover and consume content on the web.
Pocket is a part of the Mozilla Corporation. We are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, and verifiable facts. As our Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for helping ensure our ability to support high-quality content on the web. This role is fundamental to Pocket’s success.
Are you excited about the role of content to enrich users’ lives? Do you want to build software for a massive audience? We are looking for a Software Engineer to help make this happen. Our Backend team builds the Pocket experience behind the scenes to provide our client engineers with the APIs and infrastructure they need. We’re looking for a leader that is passionate about building powerful machine learning workflows, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems, and shipping quality code.
Come work with us and make a huge impact on advancing high-quality content on the web.
What you’ll do:
- Work on various tools from frontend to backend that support our internal teams.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers, data analysts and support teams to implement our product and user experience strategy.
- Contribute daily to decisions affecting the future of Pocket and its platform.
- Deliver new features to our users by developing and enhancing our APIs.
What you already have:
- High standards for quality and performance by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, and creating tests
- 3+ years of experience developing REST APIs or working with GraphQL
- A thorough understanding of web technologies including, Typescript, JS, CSS, DOM and HTML
- A passion for new technology and relevant trends.
Nice to have
- Experience with React with Apollo Client
- Experience with AWS or cloud technologies
- Understanding of UX patterns and wireframing
- Terraform or Terraform CDK
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience