We are looking for an Engineering Lead for our Quotes team. This person will be hands-on, writing critical path code, and partnering with product management and product design to advance the Quotes mission and deliver on its roadmap. They will first get up to speed on our stack and codebase, then begin running the BE team, and when ready they will manage the technical lead of the FE team.
At HubSpot our Quotes app helps streamline the quote-to-cash process for our customers and enables them to not just sell, but sell better. Quotes are just one tool that our customers use, and the Quotes team is part of a product group focused on making these tools great. We are on a mission to create a commerce-powered CRM by enabling our merchants to sell across any digital channel, and the Quotes product plays a crucial role here.
Key Expectations for Engineering Leads:
- Engineering Leads are actively involved as a player-coach in building software and making products to solve customer problems. They are focused and involved in the technology as well as the people on their teams.
- They coach their engineers and Technical Leads and build productive, autonomous, and healthy teams. They focus on setting up their teams to grow more autonomous over time.
- They have a strong technical vision for how to implement the product vision. This can include working with teams they oversee and external teams to ensure that we are solving problems the best way for customers.
- They think about and implement ideas to push teams to improve technically.
- They work effectively across Product Managers and Technical Leads to cultivate a strong product vision for their teams, and are responsible for the mission, direction, and alignment.
- They are responsible for the Technical Leads on their team and provide mentoring, coaching, and feedback for the Technical Leads to help them grow and succeed in their role.
- They hold a high performance bar for their team.
- People look to them and trust their product and technical leadership.
- They create and foster diverse teams and an inclusive culture.
We’re looking for:
- A strong engineer with experience leading small teams
- Background or interest in writing in Java
- Have a thirst for technical challenges in a micro-services architecture
- Have a customer-centric attitude and develop opinions about the HubSpot product
What we can offer you:
- Collaboration with other engineering leaders on all matters that impact the Engineering team, including resourcing and building technology/product vision
- Ability to coach and mentor engineering teams, including code reviews, higher-level software design, and direct management
If you’re an engineering leader of any level or experience, and if this resonates with you, let’s talk.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply we’d love to hear from you.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.