Senior Video Software Engineer
Welcome to the CS Fam
CommentSold is a social commerce platform that modernizes the way retailers connect to online shoppers, including hosting live sales events and managing day-to-day retail operations. Simply, we help online retailers do less and sell more.
Our team is dispersed throughout the US, which means we value the diversity and unique collaboration that’s fostered through a remote team. We work incredibly hard for our customers, and believe deeply in our platform’s value. We’re a high energy, high growth team and we love to win.
Our Product team stays close to our customers, building the tools to deliver on our promise to make running their business easier. We make decisions fast, and priorities change as we adapt to the needs of our industry so we welcome folks that relish in the challenges of pace. We believe in quick iteration and in the moment feedback, so we can work collectively to build the best team and product.
This is a growing function within the organization, and as such, there is a lot of room for both responsibility and growth within the role. We have some initial projects in motion to improve our deployment and scaling, along with the opportunity for longer term planning and improvement of our practices and processes.
In this role, you will:
- Work in a collaborative team environment and consistently commit to and complete software deliverables within product development life cycle
- Passionate about code quality, unit testing and engineering best practices
- Actively participate in architectural and design discussions and pragmatically come up with scalable and performant solutions
- Participate in troubleshooting production support issues as subject matter expert when required
- Proactively work on cross-functional teams and lead initiatives with minimal guidance
If you’re right for this role, you
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, algorithms, data structures.
- 2+ years of experience with distributed systems engineering, preferably 1+ years in Rust or Go.
- Experience working with public cloud technologies like AWS.
- Experience in Linux based server management.
- Restful API design and implementation experience.
- Background in any of the following areas would be a plus:
- Experience with CI/CD (GitHub, Gitlab, Jenkins, Docker/Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience with Wowza, Gstreamer, or other video streaming platforms.
At CommentSold, you can work from anywhere in the United States thanks to the power of the internet – we put extra effort into our remote culture to ensure we exceed the engagement we all need. We value our team, and show that through competitive salaries and bonus opportunities. Health, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to all full-time employees.
Our platform serves the women’s retail space in a major way – and that’s no coincidence. We’re creating a space for equality across the board, and we support folks of all identities and lifestyles in everything we do. Join CommentSold to live your best life — we’re always excited to grow our team’s perspective. #lovewhereyouwork
We love our values
We’re building a fam, our chosen circle, around a set of values that guide how we work and interact with the world around us. Our cultural norms at work can’t be turned off when the computer’s away — we live these in every part of our lives. Our team isn’t for everyone, so if you’re right for it, the following values should resonate strongly with how you live your life.
We’re intolerant to bad vibes, and genuinely love where we work (and want to keep it that way). We choose our fam by looking beyond a skillset – because roles can change – and surround ourselves with folks we want to spend our lives with.
We aim high and hire smart people to get there — folks that use logic and critical thinking to make the best decisions. We look beyond the problem and quickly build context to come to the right solution; our ever-changing and high-pace environment requires a team of great autonomous thinkers.
When we say “got it,” our team knows we’re owning it, we’re following through, and we’ll deliver beyond expectations. Put the effort into figuring things out yourself (hey, we’re all busy), and actively collaborate if you haven’t Got it; ownership also means knowing when to seek help and to never suffer in silence.
We’re a rare team of folks that genuinely love to work hard because we know that putting in the effort gets the win — we’re the people that started our careers at the lemonade stand. Not at all costs, but we give it our all because our customers are hustling to grow their businesses, and the hustle’s more fun when we’re winning together.
We collaborate for more than the high-fives (although they’re pretty great), and our team thrives on timely and direct feedback. There’s no hesitation in being direct; since we’re surrounded by smart people, we embrace thoughtful and challenging perspectives.