About the recruiter
Martin was the first recruiter to specialise in Go (since 2015) and we believe the best!
He works as an independent recruiter and as such provides a highly personal and knowledgeable service to candidates and clients alike.
Trained as a software engineer, he has extensive experience in recruitment (over 25 years) and has built up a great network of companies across the UK & Europe looking to hire Gophers.
He’s also active in the Go community, regularly sponsoring conferences and meetups.
£60,000 - £80,000 Per Annum
Location: Part Remote (UK) - (1-2 days in London office post-Covid)
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 Per Annum
Want to help shape an early stage start-up?
Want to use Go to revolutionise the life insurance industry?
Have you got the right to work in the UK?My client is an early-stage startup, based in West London, working hard to change the face of the life insurance industry. They are supported by the most trusted names in insurance and are on a mission to simplify life insurance, wills etc in an easy to use intuitive platform built on Go.
They have asked me to find an experienced engineer to help them build and scale their product beyond the MVP.
During the ongoing pandemic the role is fully remote, but post-Covid the expectation would be that you would work in the London office 1/2 days per week.
Their current stack consists of Go, Docker + Kubernetes (GCP), ReactJS with TypeScript, GraphQL, gRPC and PostgreSQL
You must have :
- 3-5 years of back-end development experience including at least 1 year of Go
- Excellent knowledge of programming best-practice, and an obsession with tidy code
- A strong communicator, self-starter and problem solver
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Existing permission to work in the UK
Nice to have
- Experience with cross-platform mobile app frameworks (e.g. React Native,Flutter)
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Helm, Terraform, Postman, Gitlab ,CI, microservices architecture