Adjunct Faculty, Graduate Public Health
Purdue University Global offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors, and Master’s degree programs. This part-time position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a virtual, professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practices for adult learners in an innovative, non-traditional university setting.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Providing a learning environment that supports student success.
- Teaching synchronous or asynchronous seminars (10 or 6-week units) as assigned by school or program.
- Maintaining school-determined virtual office hours per week for each class.
- Ensuring timely management and response to electronic correspondence from students, administrators, and other school officials.
- Leading message board discussions and engaging students in relevant discussions and coursework.
- Partnering with Academic Advisors to address student concerns.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Delivering mid-term and final grades in accordance with the academic calendar.
- Enforcing student conduct policies as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Attending university, departmental, and faculty meetings as requested.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in distance learning.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by the School.
- Doctoral degree in public health/global health/community health/epidemiology from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3 years of professional experience; 3 years of classroom/online teaching experience preferred.
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications. Experience with Brightspace education software is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Job Functional Area
BU00115 Purdue University Global, Inc.
Purdue University Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer