Truebill is a YC-backed startup with offices in San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Our DC office is right on the Silver Spring metro! Hundreds of thousands of people use Truebill to manage their daily finances and take control of their money. We just recently announced our $17m Series C round of funding and are now looking to scale our all star team!
With a mission to improve the financial health of everyday people, Truebill is transforming the way people manage their expenses and grow their net worth. Through helping people cancel unnecessary subscriptions, negotiating bills, and securing refunds, we save our members money while helping them regain control over their finances.
We’re looking for a full-stack engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with product, design, and other engineers to build and deploy new features, iterate on existing products to provide a better experience to our users, and help set the direction for our codebase as we grow.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you’ll:
- Work alongside a team to implement, iterate, and debug product features that drive forward both the company and the user.
- Develop with TypeScript across the stack, building user interfaces using React Native and the backend support required to power them with Node & GraphQL.
- Be a steward of good user experience, ensuring that the interfaces we present our users are performant, understandable, and delightful.
- Help to maintain our high technical bar, participating in code reviews and design discussions to ensure that we’re applying appropriate rigor to our software development process.
- Develop an understanding of our users to build and measure features that help them better understand and improve their finances.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience working with some combination of Node/TypeScript, React (or similar framework), GraphQL, and Postgres (or similar relational database).
- You’re not just interested in what you’re building, but also why you’re building it. You want to see the bigger picture of how the software you’re building is benefitting our users.
- You’re always looking to learn and grow as an engineer and excited by the opportunity to take on new challenges.
- Experience with our stack (TypeScript, React Native, PostgreSQL) is a plus.
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks, Kombucha & Coffee on tap
- Commuter benefits