Academic Proofreaders and Editors – All Subjects
We are actively recruiting remote-based editing work available for experienced, qualified academic editors.
We require that you have experience in academic editing and advanced university qualifications (BAs/Masters/Ph.Ds).
Native English speakers only. To find out more and apply, visit – https://proofreading.org/about/careers-jobs/
The perks of working with us
There are a number of attractive benefits to working with us, including but not limited to:
- Edit papers and documents from your own areas of interest and expertise.
- Work from anywhere in the world. Goodbye, commute!
- Retain complete control over your schedule. Work when you want, and only when you want.
- Focus on editing. We take care of client care and logistics so you can concentrate on what you love to do.
- Receive personalised feedback, training, and guidance to improve your skills.
- Experience the satisfaction of helping appreciative clients from all over the world.
Due to the academic nature of our clients’ work, we require all of our editors to hold at least a bachelor’s degree. To edit for us, you must:
- be a native speaker of English,
- hold at least a bachelor’s degree from a well-respected American, British, or English-speaking university, and
- be able to commit to at least 10,000 words editing per week.
Star candidates will possess:
- advanced university qualifications (a master’s degree/PhD), and/or
- experience in academic editing, publishing, or as university faculty.
What we offer
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer:
- average pay of USD 20–30 per hour, paid weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly—it’s up to you
- personalised training and support to improve your skills and efficiency
- access to our knowledge base and licensed software, and
- flexibility: your schedule remains your own, provided our minimum requirement of 10,000 words per week is met (of course, holidays/away time excluded).