Inbound Marketing Lead
GoSkills.com is an award-winning online education company that provides on-demand courses for busy professionals and teams that want to level-up their business skills quickly and effectively.
We’re looking for a marketer who has a proven track record of driving growth in a B2B SaaS environment as well as leading a marketing team in a scaling business. As an Inbound Marketing Lead, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of developing and executing GoSkills’ inbound marketing strategy and for taking the growth of the company to the next level.
It’s a broad role that includes inbound marketing, SEO, content marketing, demand generation, ABM, online advertising, email, web, and more. It’s a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is looking to have a significant impact on the growth trajectory of an exciting, young tech company that’s transforming the way people learn.
The role reports directly to the CEO and co-founders of GoSkills, and will collaborate with the Tech, Courses, and Design teams. You will play a critical role in helping achieve our revenue and growth goals in a cost-effective way. If you’re a skilled digital marketing leader able to inspire your team members, with a track record to prove it, we’d love to meet you.
- Grow qualified inbound leads and traffic to GoSkills for both B2C and B2B.
- Build a data-oriented, scalable lead generation operation with proven ROI.
- Own and execute a plan utilizing SEO and content, paid advertising, social media, email marketing, brand building initiatives, and partnerships to drive company revenue.
- Expand and scale our full-funnel SEO strategy. This requires deep SEO knowledge, including technical SEO and leveraging SEO tools and resources.
- Develop and scale a paid advertising strategy based on positive ROI, including SEM and social media retargeting campaigns.
- Manage social media and email marketing initiatives and promotions.
- Dive into content execution yourself to get things done – including writing compelling copy for web, email, ads and social, as well as copy editing and QA on freelancers’ work.
- Ensure a high standard of quality is maintained on all copy, ads, videos, and other media, and conduct all quality assurance before publication.
- Own and monitor our full-funnel marketing strategy from acquisition to nurturing, conversion, renewal, advocacy and win-backs.
- Manage, recruit and grow the GoSkills marketing team. This includes managing the end-to-end recruitment process, managing team members and freelancers across different time zones, and managing their daily tasks and deadlines.
- Manage the marketing budget thoughtfully, making strategic bets on key investments.
- Optimize performance and continually improve the efficiency and impact of marketing channels; SEO, SEM, email, social media, paid ads and retargeting.
- Think creatively to build and implement new inbound lead generation channels based on successful experiments.
- Drive experimentation and evolution of our marketing channels.
- Report on key metrics for each level of the funnel.
- Monitor data and performance regularly, find insights, and identify opportunities and strategies to improve.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in inbound marketing and demand generation.
- Proven track record of driving growth through varied marketing channels at a B2B SaaS company.
- Experience managing a remote team. You can manage people across different time zones and you have your finger on the pulse of your team at all times.
- Unrivaled time management skills. You stay on top of everything, including your projects and direct reports.
- The determination to get things done. You are a strong operator who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, not just an idea generator.
- Impeccable attention to detail. You hold yourself to high-quality standards and are a perfectionist.
- Good eye for design. You know how to set a creative direction for published materials that looks modern and professional.
- Excellent English communication, grammar, and presentation skills.
- Deep technical SEO knowledge and experience using Moz, AHRefs, SEMRush. You have an extensive knowledge of on-page, off-page, and technical SEO. You can build and manage long lists of keywords and you are familiar with long-form blog content.
- Bonus: YouTube SEO experience.
- Expert-level paid advertising knowledge and experience; SEM including Google Adwords and Bing ads, paid social, Facebook retargeting, display/video, LinkedIn, Youtube, Capterra.
- Proven ability to plan, implement, and execute high impact campaigns that drive brand awareness and customer acquisition at scale and exceed KPIs.
- A strong understanding of demand generation, integrated marketing campaigns, ABM, influencer marketing, public relations, lead-scoring, and key marketing success metrics including CAC, LTV, ROI.
- Excellent analytical skills. You make data-driven decisions based on thorough analysis of campaign performance using tools like Google Analytics.
- The drive to take ownership of your tasks, and commitment to seeing them through to successful completion. You are a problem solver with a great ability to identify opportunities and solutions.
- Experience working cross-functionally in a remote environment. You are a collaborative, team player and understand that we can only be successful as a team. Like everyone else on our team, you are fair, honest and respectful.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for marketing. You thrive in start-up environments where wearing many hats and working across teams and time zones is required.
- A desire for growth in a role that allows you to reach new career heights, grow your own team, smash your targets and enjoy the ride with a dedicated and driven company.
What you get:
- Competitive salary: You tell us what your realistic salary expectations are and we’ll aim to match it.
- Vacation days: 20 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays.
- Remote work: We are a fully remote and distributed team, with our team members spread across 9 countries currently. For this role, you should be able to work with a significant overlap with US and New Zealand time zones.
- Work-life balance: Enjoy a flexible day schedule based on your personal daily routine. This is a full time position, so we expect 8 hours of work time per day. We don’t expect crazy long hours, overtime, and burnout. We expect good time management skills and high-quality output during your regular work hours.
- Team retreat: We all travel and meet up at an exotic location for a week once a year (in normal times) at our team retreat to have fun and get to know each other. Last year our retreat was in Thailand!
- Strong team culture: We build and maintain a strong team culture. This includes weekly all-hands Zoom calls, weekly team calls, and social catch-ups over tea/beer/coffee. There are no internal politics, we speak up if there are any issues and we treat each other with respect. We also like to be social, kind, and fun.
- Diversity and inclusion: Our team members come from diverse backgrounds from different countries and cultures, and we are equally represented by gender (50:50 ratio), including our co-founders and management team. We value each person’s opinion and unique perspective. We love to solve problems creatively and collaboratively.
- Autonomy in your work: We trust you to make the best decisions to achieve your goals. We provide you with enough support to get your work done to a high standard and let you get on with it. We have a flat company structure, we make fast decisions, and iterate quickly.
- Personal growth and development: We invest in your long-term growth and development. You will work closely with the co-founders of the company to grow your skillset and we support you with courses, mentorship, training, workshops, and conferences.
- Top-notch tech stack: We use Slack, Trello, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Zoom to communicate and collaborate efficiently.
Why work for GoSkills?
Do you want to make a real impact on the growth of a tech startup? Does the thought of working with a fully remote, bootstrapped team of driven individuals excite you? Do you have the drive to accelerate us on our path to becoming a fast-growing educational company with limitless potential?
This is your opportunity for a meaningful, long-term strategic role to accelerate your career by leading the growth of an innovative tech company. Your work will have a real-life impact on millions of people’s lives as we help them learn, upskill and stay relevant in the workplace.
About our team
Our team is small and fully distributed, and working remotely is part of our DNA. This means you’ll find a great remote working environment focused around making your day-to-day enjoyable and efficient.
We are a fun and social bunch, who communicate daily across time zones and continents, and have a strong culture that reflects the following values.
Freedom & Equality: Everyone deserves autonomy in their jobs and an equal chance at success.
Openness & creativity: Speak up! We encourage open communication, questioning minds and thinking outside the box.
Fun: Have fun and be silly! Follow your passion, love what you do and don’t take life too seriously :)