You have a passion for analytics and are well trained in the art of consumer news. Your strong news judgment can engage a curious audience that might be new to what Finder offers. And you have a talent to spot compelling angles and tweak clickable headlines that resonate with our readers and establish a presence with Google, Apple, Facebook, and other news platforms.
- Monitor news, trends, and competitors to spot consumer angles that support publishing strategy.
- Coordinate workflow of a news article, from idea to draft to formatting to distribution.
- Set and maintain editorial agenda and content strategy, balancing verticals that include investments, credit cards, personal loans, gaming, tech, and retail.
- Pitch and write actionable news stories that integrate SEO best practices and are true to our brand.
- Coach and mentor writers to pitch quality stories, write sharp headlines, and explain consumer topics in actionable language for distribution on news platforms.
- Track and analyze keywords and traffic to identify best practices and formulas that rank.
Required experience and skills
- At least three years of editorial experience at a news desk or digital publisher, preferably in personal finance.
- Experience with building editorial and content distribution strategies that align with a company’s overall revenue and branding objectives.
- Understanding of SEO, keyword research, and the tools required to explore user insights, supported by editorial experience that results in content that ranks.
- Strong editorial judgment in producing consumer news and content that speaks to our audience.
- Background working with freelance writers, assigning content, and providing detailed feedback to improve headlines, quality, and ranking.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or communications or commensurate experience writing or editing in digital publishing, direct marketing, news, or a relevant field.
Traits we’re looking for
- Attention to detail. You have an ear for quality content, a knack for picking up on discrepancies, and a drive to keep things organized.
- High standard of quality. You’re excellent at what you do and only want to get better. But you don’t let perfect get in the way of good.
- Excellent organization. You know how to budget your time and adjust your schedule to get things done. You can maintain focus on everyday tasks one day and shift to representing Finder at conferences, on panels, and at other public opportunities the next.
- Collaborative communication. You give constructive feedback that guides writers to success, and you’re open to receiving feedback from the team.
- Skills mastery. You’re looking to become an expert at what you do within a strong editorial team. You’ve got a knack for news and an eye for spotting angles that high rank in search.
- Focus on action and results. You don’t wait for others to tell you what to do or give you permission to do something great.