Ellumen, named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post, is a small business headquartered in Silver Spring, MD. We provide a broad spectrum of information technology and ancillary services to government and commercial customers primarily within the healthcare delivery domain. We are seeking a lead application developer who work in cross-functional, high performing Agile/DevSecOps teams that are responsible for developing and enhancing Ruby on Rails applications. In this role, you will oversee the team of developers to provide comprehensive life cycle software product development for a variety of Web-based applications. Successful candidates will need strong analytic skills and ability to solve challenges with technology will make an impact on our government clients’ critical missions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze problems such as user requirements, input data and form, output data and form, available computer configuration, processing, and turnaround time requirements.
- Evaluate, test, and manage configuration that support the software development process.
- Plan, conduct, and direct systems projects of major importance and difficulty by applying your advanced computer systems knowledge.
- Research systems analysis methodology and create a repository of such information in electronic format for re-use.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge in the development of client/server and internet applications that utilize a n-tier architecture and graphical user interface.
- Provide deployment support by deploying code, static files, and/or databases by request to the staging environment and syncing static files and databases among environments.
- Collaborate with the Agile team, including product management, to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass a DHS background investigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field with 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years’ experience building applications with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience building web applications.
- 5+ years’ experience in an Agile development team
- Experience in Test Driven Development process
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development process
- Ready to embrace a fast-paced work environment with deadlines and new challenge.
- Keen communication and teamwork abilities
- Basic understanding of CI/CD
- Willing to learn new technologies and contribute as needed
- Experience in Java or ColdFusion a plus