Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 200+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As an Experienced Full-stack Engineer you will build greenfield, scalable web platforms. In addition to providing input on systems architecture, you will create and review pull requests daily and engage with internal teams and directly with clients within an agile environment. You will work in small teams with a product manager, designers and other engineers to scope, design, and implement features.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a passionate engineer with the discipline to create and finish projects. You are excited to explore new languages and tools, acquire new skills, and find innovative ways to get a job done. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started your own. You are a transparent and collaborative communicator. Whether you are raising concerns with an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
- Design and build scalable web services and applications using modern technologies
- Design and build highly-usable web applications and experiences using modern technologies
- Engage daily with your distributed, remote engineering team working on different layers of the applications and infrastructure
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- Strong server-side development experience
- Strong frontend development experience
- Strong understanding of what it takes to effectively connect backend and frontend technology
- Good knowledge of design and architectural patterns and development best practices
- Previous experience building scalable services
- Strong RDBMS experience (schema design, best practices, tuning and debugging)
- Previous remote work experience
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Strong ability to communicate, collaborate, and empathize with others
- Consulting experience
- Recent experience in a high-performing agile and/or lean environment, eg. Scrum, XP, Kanban, others.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
BONUS POINTS (BUT NOT REQUIRED)
- Experience with modern Microsoft technologies (C#, .NET, Azure)
- Experience with modern frontend technologies (TypeScript, React, etc.)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with deploying into and managing cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Proficiency using 2 or more other programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Rust, or other
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning - Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally