Putting the right location data, on the right map, for the right people, at the right time. That is how our work saves lives and protects property through Public Safety Location Intelligence™.
That may sound like a catchy tagline, but that is what we do working with leading-edge technologies and systems. Our team is looking for a top-quality Software Engineer to join us in building these vital capabilities.
About the role
You have a unique opportunity to join a team that makes software solutions that truly make a difference. Successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for high-quality software, have strong engineering principles and systematic problem-solving skills.
The position is entirely remote, offers flexible schedules, generous benefits, and paid time off.
- Design and develop software solutions
- Participate in the collection of requirements, give estimations, and propose different approaches
- Bring code quality and good practices, and perform deployment
- Stay up-to-date with GIS software trends and emerging technologies
What we are looking for
- Experience with SQL databases, specifically PostgreSQL
- Experience developing consumer-facing web or desktop applications
- Highly flexible, independent thinking, and quick learning
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies and practices
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
What gives you an edge
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer science-related field or Bachelor's degree along with solid and relevant experience
- Experience with Geographical Information systems or geospatial data
- Experience with open source technologies and containers
What you will do
- Successfully delivere high-quality web or desktop software solutions including requirements, code, and documentation on time and within the scope
- Contribute to development quality, including unit testing, peer review, and other quality activities as needed
- Resolve defects/bugs during testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Assist with the definition of the technical requirements of backlog items and create technical documentation as needed
- Grow and apply technical skills in service to customers in public safety
- Follow industry best practices and development process
- Commit to team success and positive team dynamics
- Promote the Company, its Mission, Core Values, programs, and achievements to the public and other employees. Core Values
- Customer Commitment
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Sense of Urgency
- Empowered Accountability
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed.
Geo-Comm is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, veteran status, public assistance status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Geo-Comm Corporation provides a drug-free working environment.
Be sure to mention the word STEADY when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.