WHO WE ARE
We're a distributed software consultancy focused on helping clients find opportunities for improvement in the operations and ecommerce spaces and crafting software solutions to serve these goals.
We’re a fully-distributed team (currently with team members in Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Bonaire, London), but strive to be hands-on in our process and keep communication flowing within our own team and with our clients — whether that means asynchronous chat, video calls, or popping out to where clients get their work done once in a while. While we want to keep making new connections and helping their business dreams come true (that’s where you come in), we also aim to keep our existing clients close and want to stick with them for the long haul.
Where it comes to software design philosophy, we have a bias towards rolling up our sleeves and taking action so we can validate small assumptions on client needs before they become big and keep things moving. We believe that code should be clear and easily-understood code for the benefit of future codebase users, and we favor working in frameworks like Rails for that reason.
Sound like folks you might want to work with? Read on.
WHO YOU ARE
You should be very knowledgeable in…
- Ruby on Rails
- System administration: server configuration, caching, deployment.
And it’d be very cool if you also had experience with…
- Software development terms and/or process.
- The ecommerce domain.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We work with lots of different clients. In some cases, we’re on a full-time project for a fixed period of time. In other cases, we’re helping out on a few smaller projects or retainer work. Once in a while, we’ll have an off-hours support call to take care of, too.
You might be building a brand-new, greenfield application one week and working on a couple of existing applications the next week.
You’ll get to see the ins and outs of lots of different companies and industries.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO THE THINGS YOU’LL BE DOING…
- A space to work, free from most distractions.
- A reliable, fast internet connection.
- A computer, preferably a Mac. We can help with that if you need one.
- Enough hours in your schedule to do the work.
WHAT YOU’LL BE GETTING
- We offer competitive salaries. For developer roles, the salary range is $60,000 – $165,000 USD, based on experience.
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision coverage for employees. Family coverage is available as well.
- Paid time off for holidays and personal time.
- A new computer to help you crank out code faster and easier.
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from just about anywhere.
- Occasional client visits when possible.
Be sure to mention the word JUBILANT when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.