Remote/Global Company based in Singapore
We seek a motivated junior part-time Software Engineer to support our Lead Engineer and collaborate with other backend and mobile developers as our company scales its transformational digital health product for future growth.
You will work on both new software development and upgrade of existing products. This will require collaboration with engineers and product owners in Singapore and around the world.
The role and the company provide significant growth opportunities. This is an ideal position if you’re just starting out and are eager to learn fast. We will mentor you where you need help and give you autonomy for anything you’re experienced in and comfortable with. Our team is small and agile and your contributions will make a real difference in the lives of our patients.
> This is a part time (20h / week) position. We pay $20 - $25/h USD based on previous experience. We are looking to grow this into a full time position as the business grows.
- PHP 8 (Laravel)
- Livewire & Alpine.js
- Support new feature development
- Integrate with external or internal APIs
- Fix bugs and coordinate with the responsible parties
- Support server maintenance
- Cover for team members when on leave (extra hours paid)
- Keep up to date with the latest in the Laravel world
- Contribute creatively to the future product roadmap
- First experience with Laravel in the backend and frontend
- First experience with Linux server management & IaaS (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with well written (English) documentation and (internal) support
- Security mindset (we’re dealing with medical data!) and clean code
- A proactive approach to problem solving
Good to have
- Experience with the Laravel Ecosystem (e.g. envoyer.io and forge)
- Good knowledge of frontend development, especially Livewire and Alpine.js but also HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, CoreUI, jQuery, webpack, chart.js
- Experience integrating with Pusher, Firebase, HubSpot and Stripe
- Testing (PHPUnit & Laravel Dusk) + CI/CD
- Basic knowledge of Android and iOS app development
- Some knowledge of medical specifications/regulation, such as HL7, HIPAA would be viewed very positively
Be sure to mention the word ERUDITE when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.