We are looking for a passionate Backend Developer to help us build and maintain our product. If you want to work with Elixir, work well in cross-functional teams, and value contributing to a highly diverse team, we want to hear from you!
Gross annual compensation range for the role is 60,000-65,000 EUR plus some great benefits.
About Toggl Plan
Toggl Plan is a multicultural and diverse team of 15 people from all around the world.
Our product fosters transparency in work, and we practice what we preach—both internally and externally. We are dedicated towards creating a work atmosphere where it's natural to be open, honest, evolving, and efficient.
As part of Toggl, we are building a complementary tool to the world-famous time tracker: a visual team calendar that helps project teams know who's doing what and when in seconds. We are squarely focused on small-to-medium-sized companies, helping them reduce stress when dealing with deadlines, people's availability, and ever-changing project requirements.
In collaboration with Toggl Track, our goal is to build healthier workplaces by offering teams simple and easy tools to eliminate stress at work.
- Develop our product as part of cross-functional product teams
- Build and maintain our backend applications and our growing infrastructure
- Optimize performance and stability of our product
- Experiment with new technologies to improve our product and experience as a team
- Familiar with all stages of web application development (design, implementation, testing)
- Significant experience with back-end development
- Experience with Elixir, PostgreSQL, Git and Unix
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Ansible and Terraform is a plus
- Comfortable working on a fully remote team, with good written communication and willingness to actively collaborate with other remote team members
- Value contributing to a respectful, open, transparent, multicultural, and evolving company culture
Who you work with and how
You will be the 10th member of our engineering team, working alongside other backend, frontend, and mobile developers.
We lay out our growth strategy for 6 months at a time, pick projects that take us towards our goals every 6 weeks, and then execute accordingly while keeping everyone in the loop with thoughtful, asynchronous communication.
You will report directly to Iuri, our Engineering Lead.
- The gross annual compensation range for this role is 60,000-65,000 EUR
- Freedom to choose when and where you work, as long as you are available a few hours a day between 07:00-15:00 UTC
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure of the employee)
- Laptop and a €2,000 budget to set up your home office
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or internet service at home
- €4,000 contribution for training, workshops, and conferences
- Health (physical and mental) budget of 2,000€ per year
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)
Be sure to mention the word MODESTY when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.