Senior .NET Software Engineer
Blenderbox is now hiring a Senior .NET Software Engineer (Contract) with expert level competence in .NET 6 (Core), .NET MVC Framework, .NET Web API, SQL, LINQ, API development and React.
You will be responsible for driving the development of our .NET software products designed for our higher education and government clients. The majority of your work will be focused on back-end engineering, code reviews, with occasional front-end engineering.
This is a remote US-based contract (1099) position. The initial term of engagement is 3-6 months with an opportunity to extend. Full time engagement may be considered for the right candidate.
Cross-functional collaboration is key at Blenderbox. The proper candidate must be well accomplished and able to thrive working within agile, cross-functional teams and proactively contribute subject matter expertise. You will be working with talented people who are forward-thinking and compassionate.
- Integrate functional, technical, and business requirements into efficient and scalable software designs
- Collaborate with UX / UI Designers and advise on technical feasibility of proposed design approaches.
- Compose and maintain detailed technical specifications.
- Groom project backlog, coordinate execution with other team members and oversee the quality of deliverables
- Solve technical challenges using available open source software and follow modern engineering best practices.
- Write secure, performant, maintainable and testable code.
- Proactively raise and help resolve issues throughout the software product lifecycle.
- Contribute technical expertise in client meetings and communications.
- Proactively and clearly communicate technical risks and tradeoffs to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- 4+ years experience with .NET 6 (Core), .NET MVC Framework, LINQ, SQL
- Experience with REST, APIs, JSON, decoupling techniques
- Experience with Swagger is preferred
- Experience writing middleware
- Experience with Azure Cloud, CI/CD
- Working knowledge of software security and performance optimization principles
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with cross-functional teams
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- US Citizen or authorized to work in the United States
- Contractual terms are subject to review of qualifications and negotiable.
Blenderbox is a values-based virtual agency with subject matter experts distributed around the United States with headquarters in New York City. We have over 20 years of experience building websites and applications for mission-driven organizations, primarily for nonprofit, educational, and governmental organizations.
Our culture is one of inclusion, transparency and pride. Our team works cross-functionally and collaboratively on a diversity of projects that are reflective of our shared core values.
Be sure to mention the word ACCOMPLISHED when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.