Senior Growth Engineer, SEO
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re hiring engineers to join the Growth Foundation team and work on challenging problems to improve our organic traffic to Gusto and bring more visitors to our site. The Growth foundation team works closely with Marketing and Acquisition to optimize the top of the funnel.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Implement SEO improvements across Gusto’s top of the funnel websites
- Technical lead for all front end performance and SEO improvements across Gusto
- Collaborate with Marketing to build SEO content pages integrated with our content management system
- Make architectural improvements to Gusto.com’s infrastructure with regards to performance, optimization and SEO
- Lead and mentor junior developers working on SEO improvements
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of technical experience in a fullstack engineering role
- Previous experience working on search engine optimization
- Experience optimizing web.dev metrics, lighthouse scores. Such as improving LCP, TFB, TTI, and CLS.
- Strong history of cross-functional collaboration with Design, Marketing and/or other non-technical teams
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $136,000-$187,000 per year in Denver & most remote locations, and $170,000-$234,000 per year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.