Senior Full Stack Engineer, Messaging and Automation
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We’re growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our products rely on sophisticated real-time and batch processing of massive amounts of data and instrumenting that data to provide analytics, automated decision making, and an industry-leading customer engagement tool. We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to help us tackle significant engineering challenges, such as: optimizing performance and costs, and continue to modernize our stack with state-of-the-art front-end technologies while improving our architecture for long-term success to guarantee an incredible user experience.
You’ll take on various challenges around building and optimizing an ultrafast application for a massive scale, which sends billions of messages based on billions of data points.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of full-stack development experience
- Experienced technical leader
- Strong understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- A self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills and a great team player.
- Professional experience building software at scale
- Professional experience in at least one of the following: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, React, Java, MongoDB, microservice architecture, distributed systems
- Experience with agile processes
- Passionate about customer experience
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act ( CCPA ), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act ( CPRA ) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.