Staff Software Engineer
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Search Wishlists
The Wishlist and social sharing team is responsible for building the future of the wishlist product and how users share all content with friends and family. There has been a renewed interest in developing the wishlist tool to further help travelers plan and make decisions on where to stay and what to do when they arrive.
Travelers today use the wishlist to conveniently bookmark and revisit Stays, Experiences and POI’s. This aids in comparison and ultimately results in better decision making. However, there is so much more opportunity to help travelers have the best travel experience of their lives and we believe the wishlist is where this can happen. Our team has been tasked to build the next generation of the Airbnb wishlist tool.
- Design and build large scale backend systems with high availability and scalability.
- Drive cross team conversions such as search, pricing, and listing teams to better help users in their trip planning with Wishlist.
- Design efficient Graph query and query resolvers across multiple backend systems to support both existing and new product features in a fast, scaleable, and efficient way.
- Evolving data storage and access strategies to improve scalability and developer efficiency.
- Technical mentorship and direction setting for the team.
- 8+ years of industry experience on large scale systems
- Proficiency in one or more backend server languages (Java/Kotlin/Ruby/Go/C++/etc.)
- Experience designing, building, and iterating on performant and robust large-scale distributed systems with operational practices to ensure high reliability
- A track record of leading engineering project teams and working with cross functional partners to deliver technical solutions that achieve team and organizational goals
This position is US – Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $245,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.