Software Engineer IV, Back End
At SonderMind, we know that therapy works. SonderMind provides accessible, personalized mental health care that produces high-quality outcomes for individuals. SonderMind’s individualized approach to care starts with using innovative technology to help people not just find a therapist, but find the right, in-network therapist for them.
How you’ll make an impact
We are hiring a Software Engineer IV, Back End with strong Ruby on Rails experience to support our network of clients & providers. As a Software Engineer IV, you will be able to make an immediate impact on design and implementation decisions with the team. You will drive and participate in design sessions as well as constantly evaluate technologies and trends to be leveraged to optimize our platform. You will join a motivated team that encourages healthy debate, but ascribe to a disagree, but commit attitude once we make a decision.
Success looks like
- Within three weeks, independently deploy new code to staging
- Within six weeks, independently promote code from staging to production
- Within 90 days, have a full understanding of system architecture and dev-ops processes. Be well-versed enough to step in as a primary system administrator, if ever necessary
As our ideal candidate, you have previous experience in Ruby on Rails and are eager to continue to develop professionally. You work well in an agile environment, and collaborate well with other Software Engineers, Test Automation Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to adapt when needed. What you’ll bring with youRequired Experience
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, designing and building web applications, with at least 3+ in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Postgres SQL
- Strong data modeling experience from conceptual, logical and physical designs
- Unit Testing, RSpec, Jasmine or similar experience
- Proven ability to work closely with other Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough, iterative solutions
- SaaS product company experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related
What we value
- Curious: Seek to understand and pull the thread
- Courageous: Takes action, even when uncomfortable
- Lightful: Assume positive intent in others
- Authentic: Say what you mean, mean what you say, act accordingly
- Bucketworthy: Don’t let your bucket leak
The anticipated salary range for this role begins at $120,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and variable bonus plan. Actual title and compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This role can be performed in Denver, CO or remotely.
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health, we are walking the walk with our employee benefits. We want the experience of working at SonderMind to accelerate people’s careers and enrich their lives, so we focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life and work.
Our benefits include:
- A commitment to fostering flexible hybrid work
- A flexible PTO policy with a minimum of three weeks off
- Therapy coverage benefits to ensure our employees have access to the care they need
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet every need, including HSA and FSA options
- Eight (8) paid company holidays and a company shut-down during the last week of the year
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life’s unexpected events. Not only that, we also cover the difference in salary for up to eight (8) weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid Parental Leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- 401K retirement plan with 100% matching on up to 4% of base salary
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Vaccination Policy: SonderMind requires all employees to be up to date with their COVID vaccination before entering our office space, the SonderMind Studio, or attending in-person meetings or events (including both indoor and outdoor).