Senior Android Engineer
Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most, providing personalized quality content and superior fan experiences every day.
A Little About Us
Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most. We are passionate about building best-in-class sports apps that deliver real-time, personalized quality content, and a superior experience to millions of sports fans worldwide. At Yahoo Sports, “Fans come first.”
A Lot About You
You are an experienced, motivated engineer who is passionate about mobile app development and building high quality, engaging products. You thrive working as part of a team of smart, talented engineers and product designers who value efficiency, creativity, and a trusted, collaborative work environment. You are curious, driven, and enjoy challenging work.
- Code in Kotlin and Java — to help build and evolve our Sports Android App — with an emphasis on quality, performance, testability, modularity and maintainability
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to help define, build and deliver new features, and further modernize our codebase
- Demonstrate engineering leadership and expertise through technical and architecture design guidance, code reviews, embodying coding best practices, performance optimizing, build pipeline and automation support, mentoring
- Own and deliver — from the small must-do tasks, to larger, more complex projects with many moving parts
- Share your opinions on, and help drive, our technical direction, best practices, product designs/ideas, team processes, peer feedback – we value, and depend on, your input!
- Strong coding chops, code design skills and expertise in software development best practices — including mobile app development; object-oriented design; writing modular, reusable, testable code; data structures; design patterns; concurrency; performance profiling and tuning
- 5+ years of experience in building and shipping native, production Android apps
- Proficiency in Android development, Kotlin, Java, Android frameworks, HTTP, git – – all of the skills, tools, libraries and languages needed to build and support Android apps
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- The quintessential teammate — great communicator, adaptable, supportive, hard working and enjoys a good laugh
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent CS training
- Being a sports fan is a plus!
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $130,875.00 – $272,500.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.