Product Designer UX-UI
What you’ll do.
Healthcare professionals are busy, always on the go, and fatigued from the industry norm of hard-to-use software that rarely works from their phones. An employer’s success in healthcare staffing often comes down to who can move the workforce the fastest through the hiring flow.
With this in mind, we are passionate about engineering user-centric, mobile-first, and hyper-fast technology. As Kamana’s first design hire, you’ll collaborate across our engineering, product, customer experience, and marketing teams to uphold this passion and design the experiences that will solve these very real challenges for the market. To accomplish this, you’ll do things like:
- Create responsive web interface designs for new features, and for improving existing ones
- Establish a library of assets and guidelines to drive design consistency across the platform
- Be involved in all aspects of the product design process, from initial user research through to working with engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation
As an early member of the Kamana team (we’re currently a team of seven), you’ll also play an instrumental role in helping to define the company culture and future of work in healthcare.
What you’ve done before.
You have something like six or more years of experience in product design with a strong portfolio that illustrates your:
- experience working across the full arc of the product design process
- extensive understanding of UI, UX, and visual design principals
- hands-on involvement in successful software product launches
- ability to create mobile-first and responsive designs for the modern web
It’d be cool if you’ve done this.
- You have ideally been on the ground floor of a software startup – you understand what the journey looks like and have the desire to repeat it.
- We believe that great design can’t be achieved without a clear copy. We’d love for you to have experience copywriting for things like blank slates, CTAs, audit trails, and notifications.
- Our team is small today, but we’re on a strong path for continued growth. It’d be great for you to be comfortable and experienced with building and leading a team.
- And finally, knowledge of the following would land you at the top of the list but is in no way required: healthcare staffing or credentialing software, travel nursing, applicant tracking systems, CRMs, or other HR Technology.
How we work.
Kamana is a remote-first team. We leverage software such as Asana, Slack, and Geekbot to collaborate effectively across time zones, and work however we are the happiest and most productive.
You can typically find us in Virginia, Colorado, Florida, Nebraska, New York, California, or Pennsylvania. Prior to COVID-times, we used to meet up on occasion for face-to-face collaboration, which we’ll plan to resume at least once per year when the world allows it.
We often work 9 to 5 but appreciate the need for flexibility and trust each other to find a schedule that fits our lives best. On occasion, you’ll find us burning the midnight oil. But it’s more because we want to, not because we have to.