Rebilly is looking for a technical writer to join our fully remote Customer Success team. You would be writing the docs read by our prospects, customers, developers, and project managers. Having world-class docs is an integral part of our strategy. We make a payments orchestration platform with the goal of creating the world’s best end customer experience.
At Rebilly, we subscribe to a docs-as-code philosophy, which means applying the common practices for software development into documentation such as using version control software (we love GitHub) and continuous integration workflows.
Consider if these sentences describe you, from a scale of 1 (least) to 5 (most). Be realistic in your assessment.
- good at organizing information.
- good at creating new content that explains technical concepts.
- can write for technical and non-technical audiences.
- familiar APIs, and have experience documenting APIs or CLI tools.
- working knowledge of git or aren’t afraid to learn it.
- enjoy being on a cross-functional team.
- humble when receiving feedback about your writing.
- comfortable providing critical feedback to others.
- comfortable working independently.
Add up your score. If your total is 30 or higher, keep reading…
Here is an example of general role expectations:
- Month 1-2, you become familiar with the Rebilly app and our documentation software, Redoc. You are thinking critically about the structure and content of our docs.
- Month 2-4, you are familiar with our client base and their needs. You understand your audience and are building a plan to improve our docs.
- Month 4-6, you are familiar with the Rebilly team and feel comfortable wrangling the resources you need to execute your documentation plan.
- Month 6 and onward, you are putting your plan in action. You are improving the existing documentation and creating new documentation.
Actual work and goals may vary, as we believe you should be involved in setting your goals once you understand our overall goals, product, and customers.