Academic Editors work from wherever is most productive for them on a schedule that suits their lives. Our employees are distributed across the United States, so we’re all working together from different locations.
- Our Academic Editors have a strong background in academic research and stellar language editing skills.
- AEs improve the writing in academic manuscripts to a level that is appropriate for peer review.
- AEs edit in fields related to their expertise, and their work connects directly to our mission of helping researchers succeed.
- The AE position is challenging. It entails delivering a high volume of consistently high quality edits (several manuscripts per day, editing at the sentence level), and it requires a combination of strong editing and time management skills as well as expertise in a specific field of study.
- The work is results oriented and communication is often asynchronous, so written communication skills and a dash of tech savvy are a must.
Skills & Requirements
- Advanced degree required; PhD preferred
- Demonstrated ability to edit academic manuscripts in accordance with accepted publication standards
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- High level of self-motivation and personal accountability
- Extremely strong time management skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Flexibility and adaptability in the face of change
- Passionate about helping researchers successfully communicate their work
- Demonstrates Research Square Company’s core values
- Meets workflow-specific quality standards and volume targets
- Edits in line with our scope and service goals
- Meets deadlines
- Communicates with our support, customer service, and editing teams as needed to serve our customers best and in line with team expectations
- Makes our company a better place
- Has sufficient skills and knowledge in the use of computers and associated computer technology to complete role-related tasks
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment