Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we’ve continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that’s stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Please note this position is open to 100% Remote work in the US.
The American Family Direct Legal Department is seeking an experienced Regulatory and Government Affairs Counsel with the proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, in-house environment. Regulatory Counsel will work with Managing Counsel and will be primarily responsible for advising AmFam Direct’s business units based out of Boston. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with significant industry experience, preferably in a firm or in-house role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor legislative, regulatory, and industry activity for all lines of business, analyze its impact on company operations, and communicate requirements appropriately.
- Advise business units and department leaders on changes to State and Federal laws and regulations that impact company operations.
- Provide regulatory guidance for company initiatives including the expansion of company licenses, new product offerings, and implementation of operational processes.
- Advocate on behalf of company initiatives before Departments of Insurance and other regulatory agencies.
- Develop and oversee processes to ensure the timely implementation of product filings.
- Conduct targeted research to support business initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Juris Doctor degree and admittance to at least one state bar (must be current).
- 3+ years in P&C or 5 years experience in the insurance regulatory area – personal and/or commercial lines.
- Insurance policy drafting/analysis experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to prioritize assignments and establish action plans.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior company leaders on a variety of legal issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships across business units.
- Strong verbal and written advocacy skills.
- Comfort with making judgment calls or decisions based on partial/incomplete information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and basic computer skills.